Make wise investment property decisions. Contact us today. Applestock & Associates is located in Markham, ON. We service clients in Toronto, Scarborough, Etobicoke, East York, North York, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Vaughan, Maple, Woodbridge, Markham, Pickering, Whitby, Ajax, Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton, Oakville, and Milton. We also make house calls to individuals who cannot get to us.
Investment Property Services
Your home is probably your largest investment. You take great pride in your home, and you’ve worked hard to maintain it throughout the years. Choosing to buy real estate is often one of the biggest decisions you could make in your life. It’s also one of the smartest decisions you could make. Not only does owning real estate give you a great sense of accomplishment, it’s also an excellent place to invest a large sum of money. The long-term benefits of owning real estate are many. Here are a few.
Long-Term Benefits of Owning Real Estate
- Your equity increases as you pay down your mortgage. Y
- Eventually, you’ll have a fixed asset with no mortgage. So, the money you used to spend on mortgage payments can be spent elsewhere— giving you more financial freedom
- If necessary, a house that’s fully paid off can fund your retirement. You will have more security, peace of mind and financial abundance in your senior years
- You can buy a rental property or vacation property once your first home is paid. Investing in rental property will also give you a stable income for years to come
Investment Property Decisions: make the best choices for you
Your investment property is the main staple or “holding” of a financial plan. You never want to work with a bank representative or independent advisor who says otherwise (focuses more on investments or life insurance). A financial advisor will help you know the risks, and understand the real estate market. At Applestock & Associates, we help you make wise investment decisions by considering all your options, long-term goals, and your priorities.
Why hire a Financial Advisor?
- A financial advisor can help you save money for a down payment on a home, cottage, or other vacation or rental property
- An advisor can also help you find ways to pay down this property faster so that you can work towards accumulating more— for example, another property or further investments
- The overall goal is to educate you and help you get ahead financially
Trust a financial advisor to guide you in the right direction We help you understand the financial risks of investing in property. Having a realistic understanding of the real estate market is important. We also help you understand the financial realities of owning a home, so you can decide if investing in property is your best option. Don’t risk making the wrong decisions. Place your trust in someone who has the experience and knowledge to guide you in the right direction.
Our best advice: Think about what’s “right for you” at this junction in your life. Don’t focus on what other people say is right or wrong or, in other words, what “the Jones’ are doing.” Buying real estate, and any large investment, requires more than just signing a piece of paper. Many are unaware of the upkeep and cost to maintain a home, for example. Buying real estate, and property investing in general, is not always a success story. It’s also important to recognize the real estate market itself. Consider the following:
- Are we at a HIGH, or are we at LOW in the real estate market?
- Could I do better financially right now by renting, leasing, or investing my money—rather than buying into the real estate market?
- Should I wait 3-5 years to purchase real estate—when it might be more of a “buyers market?”
Investing in property: A Success Story
I have a long-term client in her late 50s who decided to sell her $950,000.00 home in the Beaches, Toronto (Queen & Woodbine) in 2013. And, after a number of conversations and talking “strategy” she came away with the understanding that the real estate market was quite high. As a result, she decided that she was no longer interested in cutting grass and maintaining an 85 year-old home, and was looking forward to traveling a lot more. She also wanted to prepare for retirement.
The plan: After many conversations, she decided to invest her equity (the cash remaining after selling her home) with my office. This new amount to invest, with a specific strategy in mind, was $500,000.00. We arranged for this money to pay her an above average tax-efficient cash distribution. And, this cash flow was used to pay the lease on a beautiful, high-end condominium in her existing neighbourhood. As it stands right now, her money is invested on the side, and is being used to make her lease payments. She is living in her new condo, enjoying herself and is happy with how her money is being managed. We speak every two to three months just to make sure everything is on track.
Mutual funds provided through FundEX Investments Inc.